Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple devices and accounts

stemo76

Multiple devices and accounts
« on: December 28, 2018, 08:02:17 pm »
my girlfriend has the amazon prime membership on her account and its shared with me.  The Amazon fire cube is registered to her account so we have access to the prime music and videos.

I received an Echo dot and its registered under my account. 

How is this best setup, should I move all the amazon devices under one account and then add profiles or does it not matter.  Right now when I say alexa both hear and its a bit confusing.

If I register all the devices under my account will I still have access to the prime features since prime is shared with me?  I know there are some limitations when your shared into a prime membership.

I can't see the cube in my alexa app on my phone.  I am guessing because its not under my account. 

buffaloquinn

Re: Multiple devices and accounts
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 08:14:46 pm »
If you are both in the same house & the devices are both in the same house than you will be better off registering the devices under her Prime account. Two seperate accounts in the same household does complicate things considerably. I have Echos close enough that multiple ones frequently hear requests, but only one ever responds. If they are under seperate accounts, both may answer back.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:15:19 pm »
you can always rename one so you will not always get multiple replies. 

FarmerBob

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »
The way you describe your accounts and devices is what I'm trying to get mine to do. I have two people on the account and even though all devices, no matter what I do, are registered to the person to which you're in their account. Switch accounts and they all are registered to that other person. I want and think you should be able to have two complete individual sets of devices and connections, but in the one master account. Especially since one of the set ups has an Echo Connect and the other does not need it. All I really want is to be able to "Intercom" between all the devices.

I have read through a ton of Amazon stuff and it implies that it can be done and what you are looking to do also. But no distinct directions as to how to do it.

stemo76

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 11:57:42 am »
Well, I moved the echo to my girlfriends account and that fixed both answering but something seems wrong in the alexa app, I can't seem to add members to the household.  Doesn't work on either of our phones.

buffaloquinn

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:34:47 pm »
Well, I moved the echo to my girlfriends account and that fixed both answering but something seems wrong in the alexa app, I can't seem to add members to the household.  Doesn't work on either of our phones.
I believe you have to add them to the household on Amazon first before they will be available to add in the Alexa app.