Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Big news..... Follow-up Mode

smeg

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:52:02 am by smeg »

Drwoodr

Re: Big news..... Follow-up Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:52:53 am »
Wow, love it. Thanks. Great for shopping list. I also just used it with my Harmony, “Alexa, turn on the stereo”, “play no shoes radio on Sirius xm”.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:24:30 pm »
Keep in mind you have to set the follow up feature on EACH DEVICE as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:42:29 pm »
US only so far.

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 05:37:59 pm »
Tried it. I swear I don't even know how I got those updated. Went to settings and there it is. I turn it on, tried it on my echo, but it does not seem to be working. It finally worked when I closed my app.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 11:06:48 am »
AR, the updates are automatic on mine. The updates rarely tell me they've been installed (there is another discussion related to updates and functionality issues). But I did the same thing and only set one of my Dots to use the feature and left the rest alone for now. I didn't have any need to try it right away and just set it and forgot about it, and when I went to go to bed last night, I told My Dot to Turn off Everything (the command for turning off the AV equipment in my living room) the lights stayed lit on the dot, so I just said "and turn on bedroom lights" and TOTAL SUCCESS! one of the easiest update changes I've had to make so far. However, the second command was answered and the light ring turned off, and did not allow a 3rd command, Fairly quickly... I don't know if it should or if I just wasn't paying close attention, but I don't think I could have added a 3rd command. This is one of my favorite functionality updates so far, even if I only get 2 commands in a row. It just makes it feel like the Dot understands things better... I know it doesn't, but it sure "feels" better.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!