Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart Home

Chris

Smart Home
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:25:22 am »
Set up a scene in the Alexa app.
The menu allows me to disable the scene, but for the life of me I cannot find a button to delete a scene.
Any advice?

Re: Smart Home
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:41:46 pm »
If you haven't accessed Alexa through the web app (alexa.amazon.com) you should. You can simply hit the "forget" button on the right side of the corresponding line... of course you have to navigate to it - click on the Smart Home>Scenes, then you'll see what I'm referring to.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Chris

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:41:58 am »
Thanks.
But for the life of me I cannot see the "forget" button..
Disable is the only available option on my app.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 07:43:11 am »
Thanks.
But for the life of me I cannot see the "forget" button..
Disable is the only available option on my app.

Where are you located and what devices are you using? Like I said above... (Not an app... a WEB PAGE) alexa.amazon.com  Log into your Alexa Account and there is a line and a "forget" button for each "Scene" under Smart home section...

I am using MAC and iOS iPhone 6 these are straight forward in the Central time zone in USA terms. Your location and available apps and devices may indeed have some bearing on things as well. But I recommend finding a computer, even if you have to borrow one for a couple of minutes, to accomplish this. OOOORRRR Maybe surf the web on your device (tablet/phone etc...) instead of using the app. Use the web browser to go to the web page listed above... you can still use the web page even if you have the app installed on my stuff. Hopefully the same on yours.

2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Chris

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:56 am »
Thank you. Logged into my account via computer and accomplished the task as you described.
The reason I was so desperate to delete this scene is because my Alexa app bombs out every time I select "Smarthome". I deleted the scene in the kasa app and it was still showing in the Alexa app and I though this may be the reason for the bomb out. Alas, my Alexa app still bombs out when I select smarthome. The only way around the problem is to log out of the app and log in again. Smartome will be available until the next time I use the app.