Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Why aren't there more skills for Amazon Echo for workouts?

staffinfraktion

Why aren't there more skills for Amazon Echo for workouts?
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:27:42 pm »
I just recently got an Amazon Echo and immediately fell in love with it. So easy to use and so handy for even the smallest of tasks. I right away picked up the Echo Dot to add to my home gym and found that really all that it helps with is voice activated music selection and a very rudamentary timer. I am amazed that there really isn't anything else that I can do (to my knowledge) to use the Echo more effectively in the gym; tracking sets, recording weights, setting interval timers, skills that seem easy enough and would add even more great features to another market of consumers. Is there something I am missing or is this a market that is the gym a relatively untouched area for Alexa skills?

Yoda_One

Re: Why aren't there more skills for Amazon Echo for workouts?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
You can set multiple timer by specific names. Did you look at the skills??? Search "Gym"👌
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:58:03 pm by Yoda_One »

jim1590

Re: Why aren't there more skills for Amazon Echo for workouts?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:22:45 pm »
Alexa is not really at the point of being able to take info in and spitting it back out later vocally or in a text format.

I was thinking recently about how she could help my former career as a paramedic. There are calls where you need to have decently accurate notes about times, medications given, dosages, reactions to and such. The issue is 90% of the time in those situations you need a few extra hands that are not available. A skill that is voice activated and able to email a spreadsheet later would fit the bill. It also could be used with your gym needs.

Alexa note epi 1:10,000 given now
Alexa note intubated now
Alexa note I dropped my pen

-or-

Alexa note benching 250 pounds 5 sets now
Alexa note lap time now
Alexa note I broke my ankle now

I am just not a developer! But it would be great if this could create a csv file or such and email it to you.