Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Audio and Alarm Synchronization - WHEN???

malliekm

Re: Audio and Alarm Synchronization - WHEN???
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 01:21:57 pm »
I don't know Ray Kurzweil.  I just asked GH "who is Ray Kurzweil?". An author, inventor, computer scientist and futurist. He's invented OCR and the image scanner.  GH was unable to tell me if he was associated with Google.  I may not have asked correctly.

It is funny that GH did not know who he is. He could arguably be called one of the fathers of GH's AI
https://www.wired.com/2013/04/kurzweil-google-ai/

What I do not care for with him is his desire to go racing to machine self-awareness and conciousness. I think his current timeframe is somewhere around 2045 in what would be called the Singularity. Think Skynet kind of awake vs what we have now with a power switch if it gets too big for its britches.

I once watched an interview with him where he was asked what is stopping Google from doing evil things with the technology it is advancing and the AI word coupled with the data collections. He answered that there is no oversite, just the culture at Google would never let that happen. He openly stated that Google has the means, know-how and ability to topple world powers, just that the current employees would not let that happen.

I think that tech advancement is a good thing. I think nanomachines will be a great step forward, I think interstellar flight will become a reachable goal. I just do not think that mankind is ready for the merging (biologically speaking) of AI and our minds / bodies. I do not think we would ever be ready as this would require a surrendering of a small part of self to an AI.

I really do think though that the big reason I do not care for the man is his non-belief in a god. Now do not get me wrong, I respect atheists and agnostics. But he often states about the possibility of a divine intellegence: "Does God exist? I would say, 'Not yet.'" This to me is too much of him saying that mankind will create this god and coming from him it would be an AI one. Thus he is pushing for the creation of a all-powerful AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GszOhDkvm9s

Tin-foil hat theory? Probably, but this guy does work for Google doing just that.

As for the rest, I previously yielded the soapbox and have no desire to get back onto it at this time.

GH did know who he was.  Alexa had the same info on him.  Using a computer and searching Google will always give you more info than GH. 

As for the rest of it and as my husband likes to say, "Thanks for ruining it for me!"  :o  I know there is a dark side to all of this and probably a lot worse than my mind will let me beleive.

jim1590

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 12:57:08 pm »
Hmm.... Looks like the answer will be really soon:

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-echo-whole-home-audio-testing-complete-and-ready-to-be-released/

It appears as though Amazon is close to enabling a whole-home-audio feature that will allow customers to synchronize music playback across multiple Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices, according to a source who has spoken to German blog Caschys (transalation). The blog, which has correctly surfaced information about unreleased Amazon devices and features in the past, claims that internal tests of the new feature have been successful and that we can probably expect the feature to be released soon.

Earlier this year, screenshots of the Alexa app revealing an unreleased audio sycronization feature surfaced on reddit and an Echo web forum. The internal app provided options to group multiple Echo devices together and instructed the user to play music across all selected devices by saying “Alexa, play music everywhere.” Caschys‘ source has described a similar procedure for the upcoming audio synchroniszation feature by claiming that you’ll be able to address a group of Echo devices together with one command.

It’s unknown when this new ability will be released to the general public, but Caschys says testing has been successful and that the feature is ready, so they speculate that it could be released any day.

greatg67

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 02:11:48 pm »
Hmm.... Looks like the answer will be really soon:

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-echo-whole-home-audio-testing-complete-and-ready-to-be-released/

It appears as though Amazon is close to enabling a whole-home-audio feature that will allow customers to synchronize music playback across multiple Amazon Echo and Echo Dot devices, according to a source who has spoken to German blog Caschys (transalation). The blog, which has correctly surfaced information about unreleased Amazon devices and features in the past, claims that internal tests of the new feature have been successful and that we can probably expect the feature to be released soon.

Earlier this year, screenshots of the Alexa app revealing an unreleased audio sycronization feature surfaced on reddit and an Echo web forum. The internal app provided options to group multiple Echo devices together and instructed the user to play music across all selected devices by saying “Alexa, play music everywhere.” Caschys‘ source has described a similar procedure for the upcoming audio synchroniszation feature by claiming that you’ll be able to address a group of Echo devices together with one command.

It’s unknown when this new ability will be released to the general public, but Caschys says testing has been successful and that the feature is ready, so they speculate that it could be released any day.

Does this mean that when we set up an alarm, we can specify what get played instead of the buzzer?

malliekm

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »
I really don't beleive it takes months and months for these features to become a reality.  I think they just trickle this stuff out a little at a time to keep consumers giddy with anticipation  ;D

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 06:44:50 pm »
I really don't beleive it takes months and months for these features to become a reality.  I think they just trickle this stuff out a little at a time to keep consumers giddy with anticipation  ;D

Could be... I was just chatting last night with an it guy who I and a lot of others call a "Coaster"... he is given projects where he works and they give him 8 months to finish the project and produce results and he sits around and does nothing most of the 8 months and a couple of weeks before it's due... he does the project, turns it in early and get yet another bonus for early completion... He doesn't want to spoil it by showing he can do the whol ething that quickly or he'll be doing 3 times the work for the same money... Probably why these items roll out slowly, more than the giddy customer scene...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!