Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Phone Calls

damianlavalle

Phone Calls
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:05:56 am »
Ok, so I have my Echo and I'm working my way though it. It can lock and unlock my doors, turn on and off my lights and tv and even my AC (if you haven't though of the AC I highly recomend it. The savings in power will pay for all the toys by the end of the year). Anyway, I have my alexa doing all these things and here it is that I have a cheap a$$ $5 bluetooth speaker that can act perfectly like a speakerphone while I make calls and I bet if I spend a whole $10 dollars I can get one that will dial for me too. Why can't my $200 Amazon echo make calls?

Re: Phone Calls
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 04:28:23 am »
Ok, so I have my Echo and I'm working my way though it. It can lock and unlock my doors, turn on and off my lights and tv and even my AC (if you haven't though of the AC I highly recomend it. The savings in power will pay for all the toys by the end of the year). Anyway, I have my alexa doing all these things and here it is that I have a cheap a$$ $5 bluetooth speaker that can act perfectly like a speakerphone while I make calls and I bet if I spend a whole $10 dollars I can get one that will dial for me too. Why can't my $200 Amazon echo make calls?

because it is not designed to  :-)

Re: Phone Calls
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 04:22:38 pm »
It doesn't have that feature and I don't think it's likely that it ever will.
-Paul.