Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Music Unlimited

Amazon Music Unlimited
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:17:19 am »
So has anyone else joined Amazon Music Unlimited? It's really cool. :) I like it a lot so far. It's especially useful if you use your Echo a lot or have multiple Echos throughout the house.
-Paul.

Snafs

Re: Amazon Music Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:33 am »
I would if I had the chance.
Being in the UK, there is no news or offer for us yet.

Kyle76

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 02:19:14 pm »
I just received my first Echo product, a second-generation Echo Dot.  I just couldn't resist the price and wanted to try out the technology.  I keep it at my office, where I have long had a nice pair of Audioengine powered speakers with a Logitech Bluetooth input for playing music from my phone.  The Dot easily found the Bluetooth device and began playing my Amazon music collection.  When I saw that I could enable Music Unlimited for a 30-day free trial, I set that up, and so far I really like it.  I have asked it to play some pretty obscure albums from my collection (some of which I don't even own anymore and haven't heard in years), and it hasn't failed me yet.  I can also just say, "Alexa, play light jazz," and I get some very nice, soft music for office work.  I've only been using Music Unlimited for a couple of days, but at $3.99 per month to get it just on the Dot, I'm thinking I'll probably keep it.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 04:13:39 pm »
Too bad you only have one Echo device, then I could ask you if you could e.g. switch the unlimited "one device" permit from the Dot to an Echo and back again.

Has anyone done this yet?

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 05:05:10 pm »
Too bad you only have one Echo device, then I could ask you if you could e.g. switch the unlimited "one device" permit from the Dot to an Echo and back again.

Has anyone done this yet?

I don't have the Echo-Only plan, but I think you should be able to do it.

I have the yearly Unlimited Plan and I can stream on both of my Echos (either one after the other, or at the same time if I want to). :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:37:43 pm by PaulKTF »
-Paul.