Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Getting local cinema listings

Getting local cinema listings
« on: October 27, 2016, 06:06:09 am »
Hi,

So one of the voice commands is supposed to be "tell me what movies are on" (or variants thereof including a city) - but any way I ask this, using other words like "cinema" just result in a frustrating, "I'm not sure how to help you with that"...

Does this function simply not work in the UK?

Stig

Re: Getting local cinema listings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:30:22 am »
Afraid not Stig, I made that enquiry with Amazon only to be told it's currently only available in the US.

I'm sure I saw it advertised as part of the publicity when the Eco launched in the UK which is a bit naughty of Amazon if I remembered correctly.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:57:24 am »
I really don't get this "only available in the US" nonsense, i mean, it uses IMDB which, funnily enough, will give me local cinema listings here in Cambridge...!

Thanks for confirming my fears though.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:23:15 pm »
I too share your frustration Stig. But on the positive side whatever pain has been experienced by early adopters I'm hoping we in the UK will ultimately gain some benefit.