Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping List Dot Gen 2

siam

Shopping List Dot Gen 2
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »
New user, I created 2 shopping lists. one for groceries other for Sam's. How can I add items to a specific list? I tried add blablabla to Sam's list & Sam's list add Bla bal bla And neither added to list just a added to shopping.

Thanks for the help

Mike

Re: Shopping List Dot Gen 2
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:12:37 am »
check the skills, there is no direct way for the echo do create different shopping lists.  If you do not use the to do list, then maybe use it as a shopping list. 

sdodman

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:33 am »
A partial solution could be to use "Todoist" which is a popular task and shopping list organiser. This will integrate with Alexa and anything you add via Alexa goes to a list called "Alexa Shopping List" or to the top level Todo list. You can set up different lists (they're called "Projects") and using either the iOS Todoist app, Android app, or in a browser, the items can be moved to the appropriate list. This is obviously not exactly what you want but it goes some of the way, until Todoist can develop the facility to identify which list you want to add items to.

jimbrandon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 12:19:09 pm »
I use "Our Groceries Shopping List".  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.headcode.ourgroceries   You can add as many list as you want/need.  Set a default list and when adding a item it will go to the default list, if you want it in a different list just tell it what list after the item.  i.e. tell ourgroceries to add milk will add milk to you default list, tell ourgroceries to add diapers to Sams will add that item to your list named Sams.

Works great and can edit/view list on any connected device