Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Any.do

Chris

Any.do
« on: October 14, 2016, 11:10:12 am »
Linked my Echo to any.do.
Assume I must download the app to my other devices as well, which I did.
Now, what are the benefits over the normal Echo todo list?

When I add something to my shopping list , like of old it appears on the old shopping list. I still have to open the Alexa app to view my shopping list.
Now I have to open the any.do app and hit the sync button--one step more!
Can someone please explain the benefit of linking any.do.

Offline kevb

Re: Any.do
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »
I didn't realize this could be done until I saw your post. I believe the benefit is when you already use an any.do account. It sends reminders to your phone, you can look at a calendar of tasks on your phone, share tasks with other users, etc. It will be convenient for me (and my wife!) to add tasks via the echo.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 01:41:48 pm »
Look at the Alexa app, settings, lists..
You can link it right there.
However , when I ask Alexa to add something to my shopping list the item will still be listed in the old app shopping list.
I still need to open the any.do app to find my shopping list there as well.
Just scratching my head as to the benefit?
Any link on where I can learn more about any.do?

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »
Thanks, I just set this up. It looks like they just started working together yesterday. I like the "to-do" list integration, but don't know if I like the shopping list being added to any.do. They are synced, so when something is deleted in the Echo shopping list, it soon disappears from the any.do list. See www.any.do to learn more about the app. We use it for home and work.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »
How do you invoke the anydo to do via Echo?

Offline kevb

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:58 am »
you tell it to add "whatever" to my to-do list, and it adds to any.do as well. You can't pick a date and time for the event though, so you need to go into any.do and change that. I'm not sure how useful that is for me, but at least it's a start. I never used the alexa to-do list, and I don't want my shopping list added to any.do, so I'll probably disconnect the two apps.

Chris

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »
Yep. No use whatsoever. Will unlink.
Withe Siri I can at least say "remind me next Wednesday at 10 am---"
That's the way I would like a quick reminder to work .

Any.do team

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 12:52:17 pm »
Hi all!

First, thank you for downloading the app and checking out our Alexa integration 🤓
We've reviewed the questions on this thread and would like to clear some things up to help you better utilize the app and its feature.

Referring to kevb's comment, Any.do's Alexa Integration was indeed created in order to allow users to sync their Alexa To Dos and Shopping items with their other tasks and calendar(s). As such, it is meant to serve as another instrument of increased productivity, with all of your tasks/reminders/items being under one roof 😎 Once an item is synced from your Alexa lists, you are able to set reminders, share with other, plan ahead and mark as completed. Unfortunately, the lists feature on Alexa currently doesn't have the option to add reminders so we cannot offer it as part of the integration. However, you can still add a reminder on the app for each of your items by choosing the bell icon under the relevant task.

==> Chris, it seems like you have already linked Alexa to Any.do. Are you not able to see new items being synced?
Note that Any.do syncs in real time so you don't need to press the 'sync now' button with each update to your Alexa. If there are items missing, our Customer Experience Team will be happy to look into it should you open a bug through the app or write them directly at customers@any.do.

==> Kevb, if you don't want to see the Shopping list from your Alexa, you can simply delete it from your Any.do account! Check out our help center to learn about deleting a list: https://support.any.do/hc/en-us
FYI - We're already working on an update for this integration which will allow you to choose the specific lists you wish to sync to your Any.do account. We recommend staying tuned for updates on our social media.
Also, be advised that you can easily sync your Apple Reminders to Any.do by going to Settings => Siri&Reminders Integration and toggling the option on :)