Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Streaming to multiple Echos

PatrickL

Streaming to multiple Echos
« on: October 08, 2016, 05:38:11 am »
I'm shortly to receive 2 x Echo Dots additional to an existing Echo. These will be placed in separate rooms in a family household of three. All three members of the househood have the Alexa app on their phones logged into our Prime Household account (two adults limit for sharing music/Audible library). I know 3 into 2 isn't supposed to fit but logging our son's Echo into our Prime Household account permits his access to our extensive Music/Audible library.

My understanding is the three Echos can be streamed to independently at the same time but cannot synchronize between Echos as this is currently MIA. This however is fine for our purposes.

My question is if the Alexa app is linked to the same Amazon account on all three phones what shows on the app home page for music "playing now" when three separate streams are underway i.e. what determines which Echo takes priority.

If the setting up of additional Echos changes the nature of the app UI so you basically log in to each Echo within the app that will answer my question but I'm guessing that is not what happens.

Offline kevb

Re: Streaming to multiple Echos
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 08:39:21 am »
With multiple echoes, the "Now Playing" screen will show a drop-down list of all the echoes on your account.

PatrickL

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 04:04:32 pm »
That makes sense. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Danny_Hays

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »
I read this too. Just an FYI, most smart phones will connect to several bluetooth devices (Echos) at the same time while they still connected to your router via wifi, hence, you could stream music from your phone to several Echos samutimulously, I mean simultaneously. LOL   Danny Hays
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:11:33 pm by Danny_Hays »