Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

More than 1 Spotify account?

Pagemakers

More than 1 Spotify account?
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:42:07 am »
I have 3 Echos and a family Spotify account.

However, I can only play music on 1 Echo at a time.  If I try on a second Echo the music stops on the first.

I do not see a way to setup 3 Spotify accounts in my Echo app.  Is that correct?

KelloggKid

Re: More than 1 Spotify account?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:50:23 pm »
I'm in a related quandary.  My wife and I share a Spotify Family account.  I set up a separate Echo account just for her thinking that she could simply change the Echo account from mine to hers so that she could listen to her Spotify playlists and when I wanted to listen to my Spotify playlists all I would have to do is switch the Echo account.  Doesn't seem to work that way.  I'm under the impression that having multiple accounts on the Echo only controls the Amazon purchasing function, something I doubt we'll ever do with the Echo.

Pagemakers

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:28:05 am »
Done a lot of testing recently. I think the Echo only connects to 1 Spotify account at a time.

I've managed to get my iPhone on 1 account and my Echo on another.

Problem with that is the iPhone app now won't play directly to the Echo via the app because they are different accounts!

Leif

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:34:26 pm »
I'm about to get two Amazon Echo Dot once it's available here in Germany (26th August) but this sounds like a little bummer now.

My plan was to
1) buy two Amazon dot
2) use two different amazon accounts - for each Amazon dot another one
3) link two different spotify accounts to them

So this doesn't work? Are the Amazon Echo / Dot pre-configured to an Amazon account when they ship or why?

Pagemakers

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:24 pm »
You will be able to do as you want.

I have 3 echos on the same amazon account and wanted a different Spotify account on each. That you can't do.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:16 am »
I'm about to get two Amazon Echo Dot once it's available here in Germany (26th August) but this sounds like a little bummer now.

My plan was to
1) buy two Amazon dot
2) use two different amazon accounts - for each Amazon dot another one
3) link two different spotify accounts to them

So this doesn't work? Are the Amazon Echo / Dot pre-configured to an Amazon account when they ship or why?

This should work as you planned. Since you're going to use 2 separate accounts for each Dot, it's like two different households are using each Dot. No problems there. I believe Amazon ships them preconfigured. You can easily clear that configuration and set it up with different accounts.

BARFLY2000

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
Just pre-ordered a Dot with the idea of ordering another four for other family members. Wanted us all to be able to listen to Spotify Premium at he same time in different rooms. Will this work if I set up five Amazon accounts? Can I have five Amazon accounts with each one assigned a different Spotify user?

Pagemakers

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 12:41:08 pm »
You will need a Spotify family account. If you sign you Echo into the same single Spotify account the music will stop playing on one echo when you start it on the other.

BARFLY2000

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 01:11:36 pm »
You will need a Spotify family account. If you sign you Echo into the same single Spotify account the music will stop playing on one echo when you start it on the other.

Yeah I've got the family account. Does the Amazon account pair with the overall Spotify account or just one specific user on it?

Pagemakers

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 02:12:20 pm »
One Spotify user.

If you have 5 echos and want 5 Spotify accounts at the same time you will need 5 Amazon logins