Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Audio stream?

Mork74

Audio stream?
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:35:38 am »
i dont use spotify or amazon music and have no prime.  guide mentions spotify premium

can i stream my local music from phone or plex?
or the wife's Itunes

or do i need to transfer my music to another system and or pay a membership?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:37:40 am by Mork74 »

Yoda_One

Re: Audio stream?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:59:15 pm »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 01:04:15 pm by Yoda_One »

Mork74

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 01:10:19 pm »
Know that and not very helpful as I don't use them. And I just mentioned.

We have iTunes and music store on pc and plex

I've read no iTunes but also yes but sounds like no control and just via your phone

'...........
Ok a couple of pages searching and seems can only use the apps advised, itunes or anything else you would just use phone to BT speaker but can use Alexa to switch BT speaker on so making one less task maybe
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:13:27 pm by Mork74 »

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
I can play 100 song playlists from my NAS server to Echo devices via BT using a phone or tablet either iOS or Android.  Seems pretty handy to me, plus there is free TuneIn radio to use, too.  You can also send from your iTunes via BT.  I can also send from an old iPOD via BT to Echo -- all it took was an inexpensive BT transmitter from Amazon for around $25.

If you have lots of questions, do more research at Amazon; the info is there.

Mork74

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 03:01:42 am »
Thanks so itunes and local files your just using BT and a phone so only using echo to.pair BT etc so not really needed but can help

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 03:43:13 am »
Basically, any digital source that can play music through your iPhone speaker can be sent to Echo, (Dot or Tap) to any Echo device ) can have a small BT transmitter attached to headphone jack and send it's audio to an Echo device (or BT speaker) via BT.

BUGLEBOB

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »
You can open a free Amazon music account and load up to 250 songs from Itunes to "Your Music Library" and ask Alexa to play song or playlist. Pandora is free and you can create stations within the Alexa app and ask her to play "_____" station on Pandora.

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 03:40:13 am »
Also, I have a Pandora account, but I really have never used it.  I liked Slacker better at the same time, so I set up a great playlist mix of over 100 artists, and I just start it playing, let it do it's thing, and just enjoy the music that comes out. 
But, Amazon has not set it up on Echo, so what I do is get Slacker playing on a mobile device and then, via BT, I can play Slacker to most anything -- including Echos, of all three flavors.  Works for me.

Mork74

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 01:46:18 pm »
yeah i could just use my plex from phone and just use echo to start the bluetooth speaker via voice and start the music on phone

else ill upload to amazon and pay for the extra space