Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

dot and bluetooth speaker

Mork74

dot and bluetooth speaker
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:58:42 am »
presumably if connected to bluetooth speaker then all alexa audio will then come out of the bluetooth?

would be nice if voice comes out of dot and only music comes out of bluetooth

my bluetooth speaker is always plugged in and in sleep made i presume, (bose). so im hoping i could just ask to connect to speaker and then ask for music and it will play and then i can just disconnect speaker and be back on dot audio.

what happens if playing muusic and the ask Alexa a question, get booming Alex voice on speaker but mute music or...?

lots of questions but hope they all help the community

Re: dot and bluetooth speaker
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:32:40 am »
music will pause when you say the wake up name so you can ask it a question or give it any type of command, unless the music is too loud then it wont do anything. 

Mork74

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:40:48 am »
thanks and the alexa voice will come out of the dot or the bluetooth speaker?

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 09:04:57 am »
Once you pair the Dot with the speaker, you can tell it to connect or disconnect to the speaker. It won't do it by itself. i.e., 'Echo, connect to speaker.  Echo, play music.  Echo, disconnect'  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202011820

Yoda_One

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:23:11 am »
@kevb has the correct procedure. This is the exact approach and works flawlessly.

Mork74

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 10:27:56 am »
ok cool, and as the bose is always on just in sleep it will come on when i ask and then i send music to it, then ask to disconnect after

devices may be near each other so may have to rethink that if it cant hear me to switch off