Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple calendars and to do etc

Mork74

Multiple calendars and to do etc
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:44:17 am »
possible to switch user or advise Alexa to add to calendar for different people and have several to do list that can also set to other people?

im vey tempted with the dot but as i dont have any wifi appliances yet my main selling to wife will be that she can add to shopping list and add to my calendar etc

i believe it syncs to google calendar but what about shopping list and to do, i heard alexa app is a bit slow and no good if offline in a supermarket

vegasguy

Re: Multiple calendars and to do etc
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:10:42 am »
Just buy one. As far as tech gadgets go, $50 for a leading edge tech device is a bargain. Heck the new iPhone 7 is about $800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 05:29:35 am »

i believe it syncs to google calendar but what about shopping list and to do, i heard alexa app is a bit slow and no good if offline in a supermarket

you can use ifttt and have your shopping list sent to your email, have it text message, or sent to an evernote widget on your phone.  I have it sent to google voice which will do both email an text message.  this way if one is a bit slow, I have the other.  Besides, I have a smartwatch that can receive both emails and text.  It is easier to check the shopping list on the wrist than having to carry your phone or paper shopping list when you are shopping.   

Mork74

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 05:44:50 am »
ok so thats one solution

the wife can add calendar entries to my calendar in google etc?

Yoda_One

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:19 am »
Yes. You can have different users to login to Alexa for each person Google calendar and/or use just one main login for shopping or to-do list. If you are the Primary then you can setup other members and give then access to your Prime account to other with Alexa.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:12:04 am by Yoda_One »

Mork74

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 10:25:38 am »
ps, i dont have a prime account and not really wanting it either

Yoda_One

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:12:08 pm »
You do not need a Prime account you just need a registered Amazon Account.
But I like to add Amazon Prime is one of the best deals out there if you take advantage of all the goodies. Prime TV, Music, Audio Books. Two day shipping.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:06:05 pm by Yoda_One »

Mork74

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:18:59 pm »
Thanks but prime still doesn't warrant the cost for me yet