Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

What can I do with the ECho without a Prime account or a paid Spotify account?

I really want one of these, but I need to know what I can do with it without any kind of paid account. I just want to buy the echo and thats it, Am I wasting my time?

Steve

i dont have a prime account and i can do everything i want. (when uk update comes) you should be able to play any music you would like to upload on to amazon music. i use spotify. tunein. all my lights (hue) work as well as turning off my tv, soundbar PS4 etc (harmony hub)

BONUS FEATURE: i use the 'alexa flip a coin' to decide who makes the tea (the wife always wins.. im sure its cause women stick together)

Offline Yoda_One

• Being a live beats the alternative.
Nice reply +1
Learning to laugh at oneself and with others is good for your soul.

i dont have a prime account and i can do everything i want. (when uk update comes) you should be able to play any music you would like to upload on to amazon music. i use spotify. tunein. all my lights (hue) work as well as turning off my tv, soundbar PS4 etc (harmony hub)

BONUS FEATURE: i use the 'alexa flip a coin' to decide who makes the tea (the wife always wins.. im sure its cause women stick together)
So can the Echo control the power on/off on any device with Bluetooth/WiFi?

So can the Echo control the power on/off on any device with Bluetooth/WiFi?

The Echo (and Dot and Tap for that matter) can't actually "control" anything (see the latter part of my post here for details: http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,768.msg4705.html#msg4705).  The Dot can stream audio to Bluetooth-enabled rendering devices, but that's as close as it gets to "controlling" those devices (there is no power on/off capability via BT).