Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Who's buying 2nd gen. dots on Ebay

BUGLEBOB

Who's buying 2nd gen. dots on Ebay
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »
Who is buying the 2nd gen. Dots on Ebay for $70-$80 a pop. Seriously...First seller on list posted...

SRP = $ 49.99 before tax / $ 54.43 after tax
MY PRICE = $ 88.00 with FREE shipping

Another post said only available to prime members. I bought Six without a prime membership. I know the first gen. was only available to prime members who ordered thru Alexa but these are avail. to anyone. Is there really people buying these and WHY???

DParker

Re: Who's buying 2nd gen. dots on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »
Is there really people buying these and WHY???

I don't know, considering that the sellers don't even have anything to sell yet.  The pre-ordered Dot 2s aren't scheduled for release until Oct. 20.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:08 pm »
Interesting that Echo blurb at Amazon does say prime members only still.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 05:41:16 pm »
Well... My opinion is that ebay is the craigslist of online auctions. But then, ebay also owns craigslist.
If you've ever tried to sell or buy something on craigslist, you'll know what I mean. SNR is incredibly low.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 12:14:50 am »
Interesting that Echo blurb at Amazon does say prime members only still.

I see it says "Free shipping for Prime members." I guess if a non-Prime member buys it, he must pay shipping.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 03:09:51 am »
Thanks for clarifying what I mentioned. Not the same as indicating it's only being sold to prime members as the first Dot was.  I "misspoke".

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 04:41:38 am »
Well... My opinion is that ebay is the craigslist of online auctions. But then, ebay also owns craigslist.
If you've ever tried to sell or buy something on craigslist, you'll know what I mean. SNR is incredibly low.

ebay only ever minority share of craigslist and they got rid of that part last year.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2938372/ebay-sells-stake-in-craigslist-which-responds-with-shakespeare-quote.html