Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

New Dot coming?

smeg

Re: New Dot coming?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »
Nice!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for that price come the holidays. Had one on order late june and canceled it. Have been regretting that decision but maybe not so much now.

Curious if this is a push to get as many Dot/Alexa into as many homes as possible before the competition from google and apple ramps up.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:55:47 pm »
Of course it is a push, but not necessarily for the reason you suggest.  When a company creates a product and have enough inventory to meet demand, they want to sell the heck out of it, ASAP!  Hopefully ready before the competition gets any foothold.

I just wonder "what's new" with this one other than the price.  Maybe a decent speaker?  Maybe less heat/better cooling?  Two pet peeves of mine with the current ones.

smeg

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »
Yea but.... they were "selling the heck out of it" at $90 a pop. Why not continue to sell at that price point and increase your profit margin? Amazon didn't lower the price out if the goodness in their hearts.( this is all assuming the tweet was authentic )

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 03:13:55 am »
I suppose they lowered the unit cost enough this go-round so they could lower the selling price now.  Whatever reason for the new price, who cares, and nobody is going to complain that they did.  (Except their competition!)