Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Add Custom Audio Streams?

Add Custom Audio Streams?
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:09:03 pm »
I just got my Echo..  I've found lots of cool things, but also hit some walls.

I was hoping I could use it to listen to baseball games.  But, apparently those are not stream-able.  My local station streams advertisements when the ball game is on (what a great user experience, by the way..  'I know what you're looking for, but I'll annoy you instead to earn a penny or two').   It's not Amazon's fault, but now I'm looking for alternatives.

So, my question is:  Is there any way to define custom streaming URLs, so I can point it at my local system which has a USB radio tuner?  I can work out the details of the stream format/protocol, if there is a way to hook it in.  But, I haven't been able to find one.

Re: Add Custom Audio Streams?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:59:49 am »
Is this something you could do by using the ability to bluetooth stream from a device to Echo?   Or stream from a device on the same network to the Echo?  I do not have my Echo yet (on the way) so I am just going by what has been stated in literature.  Seems like you should be able to set it up in one of those ways though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:02:37 am by roadbug »