Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Astro is now available for purchase to the public

Offline jwlv

Astro is now available for purchase to the public
« on: February 17, 2024, 02:34:19 pm »
I just noticed that the Amazon Astro is now available for purchase without an invitation.
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Astro-for-Business-mobile-security-robot/dp/B0BX1HG85N

It's a whopping $2349!!!

I bought one more than a year ago when I received an invitation. I was not impressed. It was buggy and felt like there was a disconnect between the Astro robot side and the Alexa side of things. Also the loud click-clack noise it made as it rolled around the kitchen tiles at night was annoying. The two big wheels are rubberized and dampen the sound. But the single plastic wheel in the rear is what makes it really annoying. It's been over a year, so i don't know what improvements Amazon has made.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:30:11 pm by jwlv »

Re: Astro is now available for purchase to the public
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 12:09:29 pm »
and that is not counting the monthly subscriptions once the trial is over. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »
The subscription is just a Ring subscription, which you can bundle with Ring doorbells, cameras, and security system. It doesn't cost much.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 09:52:43 pm »
The subscription is just a Ring subscription, which you can bundle with Ring doorbells, cameras, and security system. It doesn't cost much.

The subscription is 80 bucks plus tax a month since this is the securty version of the astro.

from Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Astro-for-Business-mobile-security-robot/dp/B0BX1HG85N
Subscription
To get the most out of Astro for Business, try both Astro Secure and Ring Protect Pro free for 30 days—a $80 value + applicable tax. Terms and conditions apply. These subscriptions (sold separately) unlock scheduled and custom patrols, smart alerts, and more. A Ring Protect Pro subscription is needed to subscribe to Astro Secure. Learn more about what Astro for Business can do.