Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing music

Playing music
« on: January 06, 2024, 07:33:01 pm »
Please forgive me if this is a glaringly stupid question but I’m a possibly the least technically knowledgeable person on the internet!

First a quick bit of background, I live with my elderly mother, physical disability has left me bedbound since 1996, and since October my mum is becoming increasingly so. We are in adjoining rooms. I have an Alexa Dot and I’ve bought mum an Alexa Pop (unfortunately a combination of her age and health means I’ve been unable to train it to recognise her voice).

I can do 99% of what I want to do but I am unable to instruct her Pop to play music, every conceivable instruction I can think of still ends up playing the music on my Dot; any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Playing music
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 02:54:14 am »
what is the command you have been using?   Usually all you have to do is to tell alexa to play (music) on (name of dot)

Re: Playing music
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 04:57:11 am »
what is the command you have been using?   Usually all you have to do is to tell alexa to play (music) on (name of dot)
Basically anything I can think of from “Alexa play [stream name] on Echo Pop” to “Alexa play [stream name] in main bedroom” and numerous combinations of those.