Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

messaging specific Alexa devices

messaging specific Alexa devices
« on: December 22, 2023, 09:22:31 pm »
this is going to be a bit long winded so please excuse the length and any confusion but i have recently changed all the Alexa devices in my household so they can all be easily controlled under one account,

i have set up profiles for each family member, my question is is it possible to group together selected Alexa devices to receive calls and messages (for example i want to message/call my dad it will only send the message/call to the Alexa devices in the Livingroom and his bedroom)

i have tried making a group which includes multiple rooms / Alexa devices in hopes that i can call the group and it would call every Alexa device in said group (the Livingroom and bedroom) but it appears to only call one device?

and if i was to send a message to my dads profile the message notification would appear on all devices in the house which i do not, want i only wish for it to message his bedroom/ the living room.

i have managed to set up each individual room in the house as a group so i can call them individually just not multiple rooms at the same time

I'm wondering if this is possible with Alexa's at all??

Re: messaging specific Alexa devices
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 01:32:38 am »
you can give the command  - Alexa, drop in on (name of the device) if you want a specific device.    I am not sure if you can do several at once other than all of them.