Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Your Follow Updates

Your Follow Updates
« on: November 08, 2023, 06:52:49 pm »
Just got a notification for "Your Follow Updates" about a topic in the national news. How do I turn this feature off?

Re: Your Follow Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 07:33:46 pm »
Just got a notification for "Your Follow Updates" about a topic in the national news. How do I turn this feature off?

Settings... find the one that takes care of Content on your device, and turn off all types of unwanted content. You can actually ask google for more specific stuff I think, but suffice it to say they always add content types and crap when they do new updates. I get them on 3 devices with video and the rest don't give me trouble.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 03:45:41 am »

show or dot???   if show, look under home content on the screen and notifications in the app.    If dot, just check the notifications in the app. 

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 10:53:31 am »
Echo or Dot? Yes to both. It is going globally to all my Echo and Dot devices.

Home content:  I cannot find where to check this. Although it is going globally, and is a follow-up to a question on one device, do I have to go to all devices and modify home content individually, once I find out where and how?

Notifications: Cannot turn off all notifications without gutting the functionality of these devices. I cannot discover how to turn off this specific notification.

To be clear, it is not "follow up" but "your follow" that I need to eliminate.

Settings for my device: Only Photo Display is listed under settings for my Echo show devices. On my Dot devices, only Bluetooth settings are listed. I have not discovered how to find a setting that takes care of content on each device.

I suspect this is not a problem to be solved on each device, as the notifications are going out globally to all devices. Seems like a feature or skill, but searching has yielded no results so far.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 11:05:29 am »
I may have found the answer. Under More/Settings/Notifications, I found "Joe Biden-Following," which I clicked to find "Receive news alerts from select sources through Alexa," under which "Send to Echo Devices" was set to "On." I turned it off. If it continues, I will update.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 06:34:24 pm »
Echo or Dot? Yes to both. It is going globally to all my Echo and Dot devices.

Home content:  I cannot find where to check this. Although it is going globally, and is a follow-up to a question on one device, do I have to go to all devices and modify home content individually, once I find out where and how?

Notifications: Cannot turn off all notifications without gutting the functionality of these devices. I cannot discover how to turn off this specific notification.

To be clear, it is not "follow up" but "your follow" that I need to eliminate.

Settings for my device: Only Photo Display is listed under settings for my Echo show devices. On my Dot devices, only Bluetooth settings are listed. I have not discovered how to find a setting that takes care of content on each device.

I suspect this is not a problem to be solved on each device, as the notifications are going out globally to all devices. Seems like a feature or skill, but searching has yielded no results so far.

home content is under settings on the show screen.   

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 08:37:54 am »
I found on my Android, if I go to the Alexa app, click on More, then the Follow Updates tile, there's a gear icon in the upper right. When I clicked on that, it took me to the setting that shows what interests I'm following and I could turn them off to stop the announcements.