Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Speaker - responses are not heard from echo dot when connected to receiver

I’ve got an Echo Dot speaker connected to a receiver via the audio out 3.5mm jack to rca input at the receiver. When I use voice commands, I get responses only from the Echo Dot speaker and they can hardly be heard because of such low volume. Volume on the Echo Dot is set to the highest level.  How do I get the responses to come from the speakers connected to the receiver. Music plays at the correct volume at the receiver \ speakers.

My receiver is a new Denon Alexa capable receiver, should I not use the wired audio out of the Echo Dot and control my receiver wirelessly? What’s the optimal setup suggestion for my scenario?

if connected to via wire to another speaker (even if through a receiver), the speaker on the echo device will be disabled.   Nothing you can do about it.   

So the responses are coming from the receiver / speaker and not the Echo Dot speaker? What’s causing the responses to be in such low volume while the volume of the music being played is normal? What can I do to rectify this?

Have you contacted denon support about this? https://www.denon.com/en-ca/support/contact-us.html
Since your reciever is new it may be defective and under warranty.

Are you saying that the voice commands response volume should be the same as the volume at which the music plays? I have contacted Denon support, they don’t seem to know much about this type of Alexa functionality.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 01:28:16 pm by Rnaval »

So the responses are coming from the receiver / speaker and not the Echo Dot speaker? What’s causing the responses to be in such low volume while the volume of the music being played is normal? What can I do to rectify this?

it is going to take a combination of settings to get it right.  The echo volume control on the device and in the app will still affect the sound coming through the third party receiver in addition to the volume control on the receiver.   

Yeah, I’ve done all that. What I need is guidance from someone who has hands on experience and insight on this exact issue.

Offline jwlv

Aren't you in front of your Echo Dot and Denon receiver? How could you not know where the sound is coming from?

Anyone have a similar setup to mine?