Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Out of the broadcast area

Out of the broadcast area
« on: August 27, 2023, 07:11:46 pm »
One of the ways I can listen to the local radio station that broadcasts the Dodger games, AM 570, is with Amazon Echo.

But when the games are on, and I instruct Alexa to play the station, it tells me that it is accessing "Tune-In Radio" as the source, after which I am informed that I'm out of the broadcast area.  Same with Iheart radio.

The thing is, I can listen to the games no problem if I access my "Tune-In Radio" desktop or phone app directly, not to mention on the regular radio, and the internet.

Hoping to overcome this, I've tried to get Alexa to choose another source, but if there's a way to do this, I can't figure it out.

Is there another source I can direct Alexa to?

I tried contacting Amazon support, but no help there.

Re: Out of the broadcast area
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 11:42:21 am »
I do not think there is anything you can do about this.    It is all about the license the station has to broadcast the games.   

Offline jwlv

Re: Out of the broadcast area
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:22:01 pm »
Are you able to get the radio station when the Dodgers are not playing? If so, then it just might be a local blackout for the Dodgers and there isn't much you can do about it unless you use a VPN to make it look like you are in a different location.

Sometimes the way you ask for something can make a difference. This might or might not work. But give it a try.

Try: Alexa, play 570 AM in Los Angeles
Try: Alexa, play KLAC radio

Or try other variations you can think of to get that radio station.