Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo buds - 3rd Generation

Echo buds - 3rd Generation
« on: August 26, 2023, 01:12:39 pm »
I have the first generation and they were too heavy and tend to fall out of the ears.    I hate them.    The right ear piece on the second generation squeals like a microphone test just before a speech so it is useless, all because I dropped it one too many times.   For the price of a replacement piece, I decided to get the third generation pair - got them in white.   

Just because it is cheaper does not mean it has bad sound.    It is actually pretty good for what I listen to.  There is no noise cancellation, and I don't miss it.  There is only a one size fit all silicone tip cover already on the earpieces with a spare.   I wear them when the echo frames are charging or when wearing prescription glasses.  What I like is they do not stand out as much when wearing them and seem to be lighter and have a tighter grip.   You do not need to jam it down the ear canal to keep from falling out.    The case is much flatter and a bit smaller than the others.  Unfortunately, it is not wireless charging.

No problems giving them echo commands, got them all right the first time - so far.   It was extremely easy to set up.  No regrets so far and would highly recommend them. 

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo buds - 3rd Generation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 09:15:51 pm »
I see that Amazon is selling the gen 3 earbuds for $39.99 right now. That's a pretty good price compared to what the gen 1 used to cost. I paid $129.99 for the gen 1 back in 2019.