Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Turning off Pre Made List in Shopping

Turning off Pre Made List in Shopping
« on: August 25, 2023, 08:12:52 pm »
Is it possible to turn off the pre made list in Alexas' Shopping Category?
It would be nice if developers would make a "turn off" option when adding something new to the function of Echo.
Thanks.. Gary

Re: Turning off Pre Made List in Shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 02:41:38 am »
 pre made list in Alexas' Shopping Category???????  are you talking about the shopping list under Lists & Notes?  If not, you need to be more specific.   If so, I do not see how it would make a difference whether it is on/off.   Just don't use it if you don't want it. 

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 11:03:51 am »
pre made list in Alexas' Shopping Category???????  are you talking about the shopping list under Lists & Notes?  If not, you need to be more specific.   If so, I do not see how it would make a difference whether it is on/off.   Just don't use it if you don't want it.
Yes, the shopping list under lists and notes. I use it daily.
I am saying it would be nice to be able to disable add ons to the category when the developers change them. To be able to use them as they were before they were changed.
I have used the list for years and I loved the original. If the developers want to add features, fine. Just give me a way to disable it if I do not want the feature.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 11:24:13 am by glmoore0001@comcast.net »

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 10:36:27 pm »
at the top right, there should be an icon to click on so you can change the way the list looks.   Not sure of the icon if it is a qear or three dots.    Dont have my phone on me right now to check.  I agree, they are trying to put too many unnecessary features in the list.   They just need to keep the list simple.   

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 11:17:13 am »
The only setting I can find concerning the appearance of the shopping  menu is (Hide/Show) suggestions, I have that feature set to Hide. This does not get rid of the pre made list.
I opened it today and all the suggested items were marked to be added.
Developers, please give users the options to turn off changes to the alexa app.
I prefer it simple also, it is one of my most used feature of the app.
Thanks for your input.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:30:53 am by glmoore0001@comcast.net »

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 02:11:41 pm »
Even worse -- it shows this Premade List every time you try to add an item though the app. AND THERE'S NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 02:13:48 pm »
Aha, it does not show this is you are adding to a list OTHER than the Shopping one. So make a new list, call it Grocery or maybe the name of your supermarket, and use that instead of the Shopping one.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 11:23:52 am »
Absolutely brilliant. Great common sense thinking. 

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 01:33:43 pm »
Aha, it does not show this is you are adding to a list OTHER than the Shopping one. So make a new list, call it Grocery or maybe the name of your supermarket, and use that instead of the Shopping one.