Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Sitcky Notes/ Notes/ Remember / Remember This...

Sitcky Notes/ Notes/ Remember / Remember This...
« on: August 25, 2023, 01:19:34 pm »
In setting up an Echo Show for a person struggling with early onset dementia, I've been frustrated by the fact that the  "Remember This" invocation seems to be a thing of Echo's past and only available in some poorly-developed skills. So in lieu of an easy-to-implement Remember this-type function, I started using the sticky-notes widget that, at first, worked pretty well. For example when I asked Alexa to create a note saying “my car keys are in the top drawer” that note was created and by default pinned to the Home screen.  When I asked “Alexa, where are my car keys?” she would reply something to the effect of “I found a note that says your car keys are in the top drawer”.  But now when I ask “Alexa, where are my car keys?” she just goes off-topic and says she could not find anything “called car keys” and prompts me to purchase a tile tracker.  Same thing with “Alexa, create a note that says Jane’s favorite color is yellow”.  When I ask “Alexa, what is Jane’s favorite color?” she only response with her own favorite color which she says is ultraviolet…yeah Alexa, very funny.
Why am I having so much trouble simply having Alexa remember a few things?

Re: Sitcky Notes/ Notes/ Remember / Remember This...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 06:42:35 pm »
Try setting up a routine  so when you ask alexa where are my keys she responds with the location

Re: Sitcky Notes/ Notes/ Remember / Remember This...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 02:33:30 am »
check out blueprints in the alexa app.    you can create custom questions and answers

https://blueprints.amazon.com/