Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping list prints items that are deleted

Shopping list prints items that are deleted
« on: August 14, 2023, 09:55:20 pm »
When I ask Alexa to print my shopping list, she prints the items that are on the list plus all the items that I have cleared from the shopping list.  If I ask her how many items are on my shopping list, she only counts the ones that need purchased, but for some reason when I ask her to print the list, she prints the previous items too.  Now I have to go onto my Alexa app and clear the completed items.  If I ask her to clear the completed items, she wants to clear the whole list.  Any suggestions?

Re: Shopping list prints items that are deleted
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 04:11:55 pm »
not sure if anything can be done about that.    I used to use list assistant and it would pull the shopping list and send it via email.   I could print the email.

Are you trying to clear completed via voice?   In the android app, you can clear completed by tapping on the three dots at the upper right of the screen.   

Re: Shopping list prints items that are deleted
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 07:20:24 pm »
We use the shopping list function on the echos... we just carry our phone (since we already have it on us anyway) and use it to tick off what we have picked up while we shop... Leaving the "found" list we can go over things we have purchased before, and not have to re-enter them. just uncheck the item from the blue box, and it goes into current list of needs... We printed lists a couple of times then realized how much easier it is to just pull up the app and use it on the phone while shopping.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!