Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Routine not working on Bose Soundbar

Routine not working on Bose Soundbar
« on: June 27, 2023, 10:15:47 am »
I have an Alexa-enabled BOSE Soundbar 500.  Alexa works pretty well for simple commands (eg play a song, what's the weather etc.) but when it come to routines, it's mostly a bust!
I have a simple routine that seems to work for a week, then suddenly stops, no errors or anything.  I can initiate the routine on my phone and as long as I play it on the phone, it works fine.  If I set the output to Soundbar, no bueno!  So frustrating!!

The routine is this: listen for a cue (Alexa, good morning), sets volume, responds with a canned message (good morning, sunshine), sets volume again, plays flash briefing, sets volume once again then plays a radio station.  The volume setting is necessary because each step plays at a different level - if I left it at default the news would shatter glass, but the radio would be too low.

Like I said, when I first set it up it works fine all the way through.  In the last few days though, she stops after "good morning, Sunshine".  I've tried deleting and re-adding, but no success. 

Anyone heard of such a thing?  Is it just Bose's implementation of Alexa that sucks or am I maybe missing something in the setup?  If I had any hair left, I'd pull it out!!

Re: Routine not working on Bose Soundbar
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 07:23:16 pm »
In the last week, I've had one of the Echo Dots I own do the same type of thing... just wouldn't do what it normally would for routine. Unplugged it, let it rest for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in. 90's computer repair stuff..LOL. Afterward, I was back in business. I did the unplug/plug thing, just to disconnect and reconnect quickly, and it would work once... until I left it a bit, then it started working properly again. Just a suggestion for you to try as well. Not sure whether it will fix the Bose piece, but I am suggesting it is not the Bose, but the Alexa in it that is causing the issue.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!