Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo battery

linuxhippy

Echo battery
« on: June 12, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »
I just got my Echo and love it!  The only downside of this is that it's not very portable.  I've been unplugging the device to bring it between floors of my house.  I was thinking about buying a Dot but that's back ordered for another month.  The battery option seems even better and it's cheaper.  Anyone here try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Intelligent-Battery-Base-Amazon-portable/dp/B01FE2OV30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465761786&sr=8-1&keywords=echo+battery

Marty
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:20:41 pm by linuxhippy »

mike27oct

Re: Echo battery
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:38:49 pm »
For the price of a battery, you can almost buy a Tap.  I have two; one for outside and travel use in a protective cover/case,  and one without a case for inside use.  It is the best of all Echo worlds; Alexa functions, portable, stereo, BT/regular speaker. 

A company called Battery Boot has posted lots of messages here, so search for them in this forum for their URL.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 04:57:22 pm »
For the price of a battery, you can almost buy a Tap.  I have two; one for outside and travel use in a protective cover/case,  and one without a case for inside use.  It is the best of all Echo worlds; Alexa functions, portable, stereo, BT/regular speaker. 

A company called Battery Boot has posted lots of messages here, so search for them in this forum for their URL.

almost the price of a tap?????  not even close.  also as far as I can tell, you don't have to press a button in order to use it so it would be better than the tap

linuxhippy

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
yeah-I like the hands free functions of the Echo.  I may put it in my car (I have a mobile hotspot) and pair with my phone and then pair the phone with my car BT so I can just say, "Alexa, play iHeartRadio" while I drive.  And for $50!

Marty

Yoda_One

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »
That would be useless for my needs. My cars already have those functions and the speaker is far from the quality that I am use to but I am not judging. It your device and enjoy it in any way you want and it fills your needs so be it.

linuxhippy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:10:36 pm »
What I wanted to do I don't think is possible.  It looks like Amazon only made the Echo able to play a Bluetooth audio stream but it cannot send audio to my Bluetooth car radio even with my phone in the middle.  >:(

Marty

Yoda_One

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:14 pm »
True that. Just use your phone, I believe that will be your best option. iheart, jango, Pandora etc have apps that are available.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:01:17 pm by Yoda_One »