Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Works with just "Lexa"

Works with just "Lexa"
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:22:57 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if it's just me and what Echo has gotten used to, or if this works for everyone, or if this is something obvious everyone has always known, but I discovered a few days ago that I don't have to say "Alexa" and just "Lexa" works fine (and actually more reliably) on all three of my devices.

Not a huge deal, but it's a bit easier (one less syllable) and, like I say, I find it a bit more reliable (she seems to understand me better).  Anyone else find this out?

Re: Works with just "Lexa"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
I have been using lexa for a while.  there are others that will work also that are similar sounding.   I think there is a previous thread that gives some of the other names that will work.  sometimes it is fun to experiment to see what works and what wont work when killing time:-)

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:56:33 am »
Mine responds to "Brexit" if you say it right...

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
Mine responds with 'Alexit' or 'Lexit' most of the time, and 'Lexi' if you don't emphasise the 'i' as an 'e'. 'Lex' sometimes works. I guess it's looking for part of a vocal waveform rather than a word, so it can be fooled with whatever's close.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:19 am »
I'm using Lexa too. Easier on the diction :)