Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can't add 5th device to group

Can't add 5th device to group
« on: April 03, 2021, 11:59:47 am »
I cannot add a 5th device to a group (for multi-room sound). Four devices works fine. The 5th device is greyed out. Clicking the "i" on the right displays "Check network connection." All devices are on the same network. If I take a device out of the group, then I can add the other device. So I can change the devices in the group, but not get all 5 in it. It appears that there's a max of 4 devices in a group but I cannot find that stated anywhere. Is there a way to get all 5 in the group?

Re: Can't add 5th device to group
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 02:07:20 pm »
I have something like 15 echos in my everywhere group but I have heard that there is a limit if all the echos are the same model/generation. When editing music groups I have run into trouble at times. Deleting the group and setting it back up has always worked. If all else fails call the echo help department at amazon.

Re: Can't add 5th device to group
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:30:18 pm »
YES!!! Thank you. That worked!