Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Easy way of using my audio files by kid

Elis.jane

Easy way of using my audio files by kid
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:49:41 am »
Hi,

we have bought Alexa for our daughter to play audiobooks and music. Our language is not supported so we installed My Media to play it. But Alexa does not understand our routines and plays Spotify instead most of the time. Is there a simple way to force Alexa to search MyMedia?

For example "Alexa, play dog" -> that will play dog audiobook from my media. Not to search in Spotify or Amazon books or anywhere else. The whole routine is too long to say "Alexa ask my media to play xyz."

I looked at kids profile but it doesnot allow what I need. Is there any way how to do it? Override its normal behaviour for "play" keyword in kids profile to simplify commands? Or create new command? We tried "audio" or "book" but it still searches elsewhere. I need to search my media only when specific keyword is spoken.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Easy way of using my audio files by kid
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 04:15:15 pm »
are you talking about creating routines or voice commands?   you can say open my media, then tell it to open the audiobook you want. 

Elis.jane

Re: Easy way of using my audio files by kid
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 02:43:59 pm »
are you talking about creating routines or voice commands?   you can say open my media, then tell it to open the audiobook you want.

Thanks, I didnt know about this command.

I mean voice commands. My routine says "Alexa play my Bobby audio" and alexa usually plays some Bobby music from Spotify because it doesnot understand correctly. I would like to avoid that. The command above will help me with saying that but it is too difficult for my daughter. But she will probably have to wait to learn longer commands.