Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Commanding Echos

gcnes

Commanding Echos
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:40:20 am »
Hi,
I just wanted to pass on that I created a companion App for the Echo. A designed this app to help those with verbal and non-verbal disabilities use the Echo. I think it is a good fit for those with Autism or the hearing impaired. I would appreciate it if you could please pass this on to your group and allow me to post it as well. The App will allow you to search a command list database of over 450 commands. Also you can play the command in our play center which was designed for those with speaking disabilities. You are also able to save your favorite commands for quick access. We have quick tap buttons and resources for you to use. Use the link to take a look.

Commanding Echos by Nicholas Sawka
It's on the Apple App Store

DParker

Re: Commanding Echos
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:40 pm »
Wow.  How many accounts are you going to create to repeatedly spread your spam to every corner of every forum on the web?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 01:34:11 pm »
Ease up mr. parker, relax.  This is the first time and place I have seen this announcement, and it hardly looks like spam to me.  This forum is a proper and appropriate place to let folks know about the new app for Echos.  Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed again today?

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »
Ease up mr. parker, relax.  This is the first time and place I have seen this announcement, and it hardly looks like spam to me.  This forum is a proper and appropriate place to let folks know about the new app for Echos.  Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed again today?
No, he is always like that :) But he is right about the post..  This is the 4th place I've seen it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:53:31 pm by TheFallenAngel »

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »

this is the third forum where I have seen the announcement.   fourth if you count he posted it twice in this forum. 

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »
Who cares!  There are bigger issues, like will Trump really be president, or Hillary? Either way it is bad news.  But, I am off topic!

DParker

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 04:44:25 pm »

Well, gee mike...you'll just have to forgive me if I don't base my comments on what you have/haven't seen.  I'm sorry, but you're just not as important as you seem to think you are.  And yet again you've decided to play the condescending fool without knowing what you're talking about.  The post has been copied-and-pasted at least a half-dozen times, under two different accounts on this forum alone.  After I ran across them all yesterday I reported them as spam, and most have been deleted.  And until they'd been cleaned up yesterday by their respective mods it also appeared - verbatim - multiple times on at least a dozen other forums as well (it still appears on a few).

That is the very definition of forum spam.

iolinux333

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 06:31:19 pm »
There are other Echo forums? Where?

Also I don't really think it's spam. 

DParker

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 07:53:28 pm »
There are other Echo forums? Where?

I didn't say, "other Echo forums".  I said, "other forums".  But, yes...there are other forums on which the Echo is an active topic...either as a primary or side topic.

Also I don't really think it's spam.

Call it what you wish.  It's bombarding multiple sites repeatedly with what amounts to an advertisement.  And once the posts were cleaned up, and the poster's account possibly blocked, the poster created  a second account in order to continue the activity.

gcnes

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 09:57:08 pm »
Guys,
I am trying to get my word out. The Echo coummnity is small and I got a product that I believe can help us get the most out of the machine. That is all I want, I am no SPAM in fact I am in the military and would like to get into programming once I retire. I believe the App could be a tool for everyone to use the Echo. Below is a list of items that will be coming in th next update that will be submitted tomorrow.

Commands for next update:

Track my [package/packages]
Track my order
When will my order arrive?
Where’s my order?
Where’s my stuff?

/Delete all your bases belong to us/

*fixed cancel button crash*
*iPad view*
*button created to copy from list or filtered list*
V/R
Nick

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 12:31:19 am »
Guys,
I am trying to get my word out. The Echo coummnity is small and I got a product that I believe can help us get the most out of the machine. That is all I want, I am no SPAM in fact I am in the military and would like to get into programming once I retire. I believe the App could be a tool for everyone to use the Echo. Below is a list of items that will be coming in th next update that will be submitted tomorrow.

of course you do not consider it spam, you are the one posting it...

mike27oct

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 02:35:51 am »
Nick, welcome to the forum.  Now that you have met our resident troll here, you are officially inducted into the proceedings.

I looked for your app today, and although listed at Apple store, it was not downloadable.

I said here earlier that your message was not spam, even if it was posted in the few forums we have here.  I consider letters from Nigerian princes who want to put a few grand into my bank account, (if I tell them my bank account number), to be spam, as well as messages totally unrelated to the topic of these Echo forums posted multiple times to be spam.  Your posts don't qualify under my definition of spam.  Although if you had eased into the forum discussions for a while rather than abruptly posting the same post multiple times, you eventually could have slid right by any trolls here and perhaps got away with multiple posts.

Anyway, I think we got your message, so good luck with your app.

additude

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 07:57:13 am »
Mike,

I am new to this forum. BUT please, don't be confused and think that I am new to the internet.

I guess we can all have our own "definition" of what, what, is. One mans trash is another mans treasure, eh?

Anyway, I am interested in understanding who the resident troll or who the resident trolls are... by your perspective of course.

As a new user of these forums, I do not want to be dissuaded by those troll(s) and avoid them.

I think you referred to DParker as a troll for defending his view of the definition of Spam. Are there others that you consider Trolls as well?

Who are they?

Thanks...

I sure hope that you do not consider me a Troll as well.... or a SPAMMER....

gcnes

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 08:09:41 am »
That sucks that the App was not downloadable, which platform were you trying to use it for? Also within the next couple builds I will have a feature to search Skills I find Amazons App to be conbrusome and wanted something simplistic. Also I like having SiRi tell Echo to do commands. I am thinking about creating a Facebook page to show how it work what do you guys think.
V/r
Nick

vegasguy

Commanding Echos
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »
Why don't you make a video demonstrating what your app does and put it on YouTube for all to see? Just from your description, your app sounds like it's some kind of sound board; A bunch of buttons that speak some text. Seems that it would only be useful to a person who is non-verbal or speaks with an impediment in such a way Echo can't understand.

There is a user here just recently who has a disabled son that has this exact problem where the Echo cannot understand him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:39:55 pm by vegasguy »