Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

making playlist that play in order.

pursuant

« on: May 10, 2016, 05:50:13 pm »
I have a question . I have added 3 operas to my Amazon music library from cds that I ripped and converted to mp3s and uploaded . I  created playlists for each one.  I want to play this music in a particular order, as I was hoping to do  with audio books I uploaded. Alexa does not see the playlists that I created for the operas. But if I ask Alexa to play my music library it will plays the Operas in shuffle. Am I missing something here? Can you suggest something else that would make playing mp3 in order possible?

Re: making playlist that play in order.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:59:59 pm »
how are they named?  are they named in order like 1,2,3...

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »
You know, If you really want to hear an opera on an Echo (I don't think the audio system of Echo is really up to the task, tho) I would just send the playlist to the Echo via BT for now until you get the issue figured out at Amazon.  It's how I would handle it for now. 

I am sure I could send the complete Ring cycle to Echo from my Windows PC without mixed up tracks using the Play To feature, and without using a playlist since Play To can play albums in order.  The question is: Do I really want to hear The Ring on an Echo??

I am sure the same issues would occur with symphonies, too.

dfine1966

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:19:31 pm »
I have no problem with getting playlist to work.  All I say is Alexa Play playlist.  She says what playlist. I give the name and she plays it in order.  If I say Alexa playlist shuffle.  She will say what playlist. I give her the name and my Playlist music will be shuffled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:49 pm »
Can the solution really be that simple?  That's good.

vegasguy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:39:31 pm »
You can always say shuffle on or shuffle off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pursuant

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »
Thanks to all the replies. I am still having a problem with playing playlists, let alone playing them in order
and was wondering if anyone could help with this. I have uploaded several operas and Alexa could not find them. There were several in Italian. I was told Alex may not recognize a foreign language, so I renamed them Opera 1, Opera2 etc. Alexa still can't find them in my Amazon music. Can anyone think of why this is happening and how I could get Alexa to find these playlists?
Thanks

Yoda_One

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »
Are you sure you created under Amazon Music a playlist named Opera1???? I would verify Alex app ... Home... Music & Books... Your Music..Library... My Playlist... Then verify the names.

I created a Playlist and named Opera1... Then asked Alexa to play Playlist Opera1 and it kept asking me What Playlist do you want to play...Renamed the same songs to Mine..... Ask Alexa to play Playlist Mine and it worked.     Sooooooo. Opera cannot be use as a name for your Playlist just Rename and then enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:29:17 pm by Yoda_One »

pursuant

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:33:08 am »
Thanks for the help. It turns out that the word "opera" has some kind of special meaning to Alexa. Because of this quality, Alexa was not able to find it. With the help from a member of the forum, it was decided to rename the playlist with another name. I chose the names of my family. Each of the four lists then could be called up by this name and they played.