Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

My WAND was just discontinued

My WAND was just discontinued
« on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:13 am »
It was that handheld price scanner thing stuck to my fridge with a brain damaged Alexa inside.

Never really used it.

It ate batteries.

Just got the Email. I don't remember if it was free or I paid for it.

Oh well. 

Re: My WAND was just discontinued
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 01:52:08 pm »
what wand?   it was one of those releases you read about then forget.   I did until I read about the discontinuation on another site.  forget it even existed.   could not see a need for it when you can just tell alexa to add something to your shopping list. 

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:27:31 am »
I got the email as well... I used it seldom but typically used it for adding grocery items to my list when my Alexa way across the room was blaring music and had a hard time hearing me.   I got mine free as well for ordering $20 worth of stuff from Amazon a few years ago.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:39:21 pm »
Ahh yes, I remember the wand. They are as useless as the dash buttons. I got a few of those dash buttons sitting in the back of my closet.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 05:35:04 am »
I got the email as well... I used it seldom but typically used it for adding grocery items to my list when my Alexa way across the room was blaring music and had a hard time hearing me.   I got mine free as well for ordering $20 worth of stuff from Amazon a few years ago.

the echo remote worked just as good when there was blaring music.   

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 05:35:53 am »
Ahh yes, I remember the wand. They are as useless as the dash buttons. I got a few of those dash buttons sitting in the back of my closet.

thought the dash buttons was discontinued too.