Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Anyone have a good app or skill for podcasts that's not clunky and frustrating?

Swamp Yankee

Recently we put a dot in my eight year old daughter's room partly because she loves the NPR kids' show "Wow in the World." I've been trying to find other kids podcast that are current events/news oriented for her and found a few that I then loaded into the Stitcher app as favorites. It's horrible. Half the time when you ask Alexa to play a specific show she says "Playing (insert name of show here)" and then just goes dark/silent. Once it turned out to be a weird delay because after requesting the show three or four times it started right on cue, and then about 3 seconds later, the same show started again so that both shows were playing simultaneously 30 seconds off... There is also a podcast called "KidNuz" which is a daily 5 minute "flash briefing" of stories and headlines curated specifically for kids, but its nearly impossible to get Alexa to play it because she sees it just as it's spelled (KID-NUZZ instead of Kid News). When I did get her to play it via Stitcher, even though I had it set up in the favorites list to play newest episodes first, she played episodes from January. Here are the shows I'd like for my daughter to be able to call up the most recent episodes of whenever she wants:

• KidNuz
    Wow in the World
    Eleanor Amplified
    Warrior Kids

Does anyone have a good solution for this? I'm ready to throw the damn thing out the window.