Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

automatically connecting to bluetooth?

matsteman

automatically connecting to bluetooth?
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:27 am »
The past couple of weeks, my Echo has automatically connected to my phone's bluetooth without me asking it to. Yesterday, Alexa scared me a bit when she said  "connected to bluetooth on..." in the middle of the night. Ha!

Anyone else have this problem? Is this an issue with the Echo or my phone? It's not that big of a deal, but I'm wondering what the solution might be.

Thanks!

DParker

Re: automatically connecting to bluetooth?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:50:04 am »
For the time being it looks like your best bet is to turn off Bluetooth on your phone.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:46:38 pm »

Anyone else have this problem? Is this an issue with the Echo or my phone? It's not that big of a deal, but I'm wondering what the solution might be.

Search this forum for keyword "Bluetooth" for posts with your answers.

matsteman

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:06:54 pm »
Out of almost 50 threads I found one that was slightly related to my question. Like I said, it's no big deal but I wondered if someone else had this issue.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »
Look again and read through them completely.  There are around 10 threads with your exact issue mentioned and likely discussed.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 02:34:15 pm »
Actually, there are 45 hits, so start with #34, Amazon Echo Discussion / Re: Alexa now talking in her sleep!

matsteman

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »
That's the one that somewhat related to this. I guess the best solution is to turn off bluetooth on my phone every night. That thread recommends unpairing the device, but that's more of a pain. Oh well. 1st world problems.

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »
Since I have Echo, Dots and Taps going on nowadays, I just ask Siri to turn off Bluetooth on phone or tablet if I am finished using it.  Easy.  When I want to connect BT again to an Alexa device, I tell the device to turn on Bluetooth, then turn on BT of phone again, auto-connect, and I am in business again.  Easy, too.  Have no BT problems, (except when I turn on wrong Alexa device by mistake!).