Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Scan this item with Echo SHOW 8 in Canada

Scan this item with Echo SHOW 8 in Canada
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:05:39 pm »
Is the Scan this item available in Canada on the echo show 8 and if so, how to activate it.

Offline jwlv

Re: Scan this item with Echo SHOW 8 in Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 03:02:37 am »
Best to ask Alexa support from amazon.ca -- or if you have an Echo Show 8, just say, "Alexa scan this item." If the camera turns on and you put something with a barcode in front of it, then you know it works. If Alexa says something like, "I don't know that one" then it's not yet available for Canada.

I don't know if many people know this, but you can ask your Echo device to call Amazon customer service. Just say, "Alexa, call customer service." I assume this would connect you to the customer service in the country/region where your Amazon account is set up.

Re: Scan this item with Echo SHOW 8 in Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:23:55 pm »
Thanks, tried asking it to scan an item and it says that option is not available on my device.  Hopefully it will be available in Canada soon.