Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo 3 - non-"local" skills unsupported outside of official Alexa countries

Offline mlk

I am currently resident in Bulgaria where there is no amazon.

I find absurb I can't use many trivia skills in spite my currently set country (on alexa website) is US. I get errors such as:
- Sorry I can't help with that / The skills is not supported in your region (happens with 70% of the "things to try" in "what's new on alexa" newsletter, even skills which would work perfectly fine with audio only)
- I can't find any enabled video skills (for example: "play/open who wants to be a millionarie")
- /just nothing/: it listens, does nothing (for example: "Alexa, let's chat")

I think my original alexa account was linked to Amazon Italy where I was when I bought the device.  I could use most of skills . Then I changed my alexa country to UK and most skills sopped working. . Then I changed it back to US, no improvement.

Perhaps am I am not setting the right country or Alexa is checking where I really live?
I don't care about weather and other limited local information if I have to renounce to everything else :)