Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Play music in different rooms.

Grommett

Play music in different rooms.
« on: December 27, 2019, 12:14:14 pm »
I’ve just been given an echo dot and I am interested in what I can do with it.  Firstly, can it be used in place of the iTunes remote app?  I use this app on my iPhone all the time to play music stored on my Mac which is then streamed using airplay (over Ethernet) to Apple TVs in different rooms. 
Secondly, I want to keep the echo dot in my kitchen and get it to play music in different rooms (on decent home hifi/home Cinema systems).  Can I add extra echo dots in different rooms and control them using the kitchen one?
Many thanks.

fstbusa

Re: Play music in different rooms.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 08:00:33 am »
I’ve just been given an echo dot and I am interested in what I can do with it.  Firstly, can it be used in place of the iTunes remote app?  I use this app on my iPhone all the time to play music stored on my Mac which is then streamed using airplay (over Ethernet) to Apple TVs in different rooms. 
Secondly, I want to keep the echo dot in my kitchen and get it to play music in different rooms (on decent home hifi/home Cinema systems).  Can I add extra echo dots in different rooms and control them using the kitchen one?
Many thanks.

There are certain skills that should allow you to stream from your computer.  To answer your multiple device control question, yes you can do that... just say play music on "device name".  So I can say from my basement device: play music on "living  room" where living room is my main echo device.