Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo 2nd gen Bluetooth interference when streaming and surfing the web

Hello,

I have a mix of 1st and 2nd gen Echo’s. That said, when connected to my 2nd gen Echo’s via Bluetooth from my iPhone X and streaming and surfing the web at the same time over Wi-Fi, the Bluetooth breaks up horribly. When doing the same with my first gen Echo’s, there is zero break up or interference. Since this occurs on multiple Echo’s, I feel safe ruling out a hardware or software issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo 2nd gen Bluetooth interference when streaming and surfing the web
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:03:12 am »
It happens with my Echo Dot (2nd gen) as well. So far I have not found a solution except to not use WiFi near the Echo Dot.

One thing to note is that Bluetooth and WiFi both use the same frequency range. It's not a surprise that one can interfere with the other. And since Bluetooth is much lower powered, it gets run over by WiFi every time.