Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

second home question

Hgmobile

second home question
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:51:08 am »
I have an echo in my home as well as a prime account, also controls some smart lighting thru lutron caseta, also used for Pandora and Tune-in as well as prime music. I was thinking of adding an Echo to my vacation place - using same prime account. I have some question/concerns:

Can i set the two units to have different locations so I get correct time and weather in each or is location shared by both units automatically ?
If I also have Lutron Caseta hub in 2nd home will I be able to control second home independently or will I be running into naming issues to keep home separated. It looks like I would need to add each hub within the same Alexa app so that Alexa would be communicating to both hubs.

I have no experience with household profiles, would adding a second (dummy) profile resolve any of the potential issues?

thanks in advance

Re: second home question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:11:43 am »
most likely a second profile would be the best way to do it.  see the following

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201628040

Maff

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:38:42 pm »
I have two echos. The settings for location seem to be separate at least in the echo app. Ie the section to set it is under each separate device settings.  Haven't tried it though as I'm in the UK a day location services STILL don't work here anyway.

Hgmobile

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »
I did some experimenting and indeed the locations can be kept separate but skills and home automation appear to be shared between the devices even with separate profiles.