Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo with Music Cast on Yamaha receiver

blackbeagle

Echo with Music Cast on Yamaha receiver
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:27:32 pm »
Forgive me if I posted this earlier. I thought I did but couldn't find the post.

I have a Yamaha RX V683. It has MusicCast, which allows music to be streamed to different speakers within my house. I set it up correctly and paired it with the Echo.

So when I say, "Alexa, turn on Living Room", it turns on the receiver. Now from my phone, I can play whatever's on my phone, stuff on my server, Pandora, etc.

So essentially it works. However, there's one more thing I want it to do but can't get it to do. Once I have the receiver turned on, I want to say, "Alexa, play Christmas music" and have it play Christmas music through my receiver. When I say it now, it plays it through the Echo speaker.

Does anyone know how I can sync between the two?

Re: Echo with Music Cast on Yamaha receiver
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 05:50:39 pm »

blackbeagle

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:54:30 pm »
you posted it here  :-)

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,4786.msg23101.html#msg23101

Thanks. I thought I did. But then I tried posting to a few different forums without much success.

FarmerBob

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:35:36 pm »
I'm not using Multi/Music Cast but am using Echo in the same manner via Bluetooth and IFTTT. But am on a smaller unit in a kitchen. When I have asked for music from the Alexa or Music Unlimited apps and I get the music out of the device, it can be that I had cast to another device and me account will only allow one device at a time and am asked if I want to change devices and do. OR I just go to the little TV with two curved bands in the bottom left looking icon that takes you to the listing that shows all the devices that you can stream through and change. If your AVR is on it you select it and Bob's your Uncle.

AND I just had a thought. In Routines the last entry is "FROM" and you have a selection of the devices that can be played through/from. Set up a routine that actively selects whatever music you want and in the FROM designate that it come from the AVR. I just tested it and I moved the playback from my tablet back to the Echo playing through my AVR just by changing that parameter. You could take that same Routine and change up the genres for different occasions or just do one per genre/occasion.

blackbeagle

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:53:28 am »
I'm not using Multi/Music Cast but am using Echo in the same manner via Bluetooth and IFTTT. But am on a smaller unit in a kitchen. When I have asked for music from the Alexa or Music Unlimited apps and I get the music out of the device, it can be that I had cast to another device and me account will only allow one device at a time and am asked if I want to change devices and do. OR I just go to the little TV with two curved bands in the bottom left looking icon that takes you to the listing that shows all the devices that you can stream through and change. If your AVR is on it you select it and Bob's your Uncle.

AND I just had a thought. In Routines the last entry is "FROM" and you have a selection of the devices that can be played through/from. Set up a routine that actively selects whatever music you want and in the FROM designate that it come from the AVR. I just tested it and I moved the playback from my tablet back to the Echo playing through my AVR just by changing that parameter. You could take that same Routine and change up the genres for different occasions or just do one per genre/occasion.

Sorry. I'm not understanding this post at all and I've re read like 3 times. What are you asking me to do to get this to to work?