Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo - Bluetooth

DLorenzosEcho

Echo - Bluetooth
« on: December 26, 2018, 01:22:00 pm »
Running 1 Echo Plus, 3 Echo DOTs and multiple Sengled bulbs.  That's 4 Echo devices under the Bluetooth section of my iPhone 7s.  I can't tell which is which.  I know I can (and have) renamed each Echo device in the devices settings, but the Bluetooth on the iPhone settings just read plain Echo with its 6EQ, 76D etc...

Anyone know how to rename the Echo devices IN the Bluetooth section on iPhone? 

Thanks! 

Re: Echo - Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:40:51 pm »
Running 1 Echo Plus, 3 Echo DOTs and multiple Sengled bulbs.  That's 4 Echo devices under the Bluetooth section of my iPhone 7s.  I can't tell which is which.  I know I can (and have) renamed each Echo device in the devices settings, but the Bluetooth on the iPhone settings just read plain Echo with its 6EQ, 76D etc...

Anyone know how to rename the Echo devices IN the Bluetooth section on iPhone? 

Thanks! 

as far as I know, you cannot rename them. 

are those alpha numeric that comes after the echo name different for each?  sounds like it could be the mac address and if so, they should be different for each echo. 

buffaloquinn

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:15:37 pm »
I don't have an Iphone but in Android you can rename any device you Bluetooth connect to, it's a choice in settings in the phone. Once you're connected you select the connected device, click rename, and give it the name you choose. I can't believe Iphone wouldn't have this capability.

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 05:25:34 pm »
my bad...I was wrong...see if the following helps

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205348

DLorenzosEcho

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 06:31:49 pm »
thanks Renegade600 - I've seen and followed that link before.  Problem is that when I follow those steps there is no option to rename.  I continued down that rabbit trail and found that some bluetooth devices cannot be renamed.  So I chalked it up to it being an Apple thing?  I noticed that all of the devices that you were able to change appeared to be Apple devices.  So instead I sit in front of the Echo device I'm trying to connect to and individually connect/disconnect and wait til I hear the DING.  VOILA! Problem solved ....I guess.  =\    Thanks Though!!! Happy New Year!   

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 06:36:18 pm »
so I was right the first time  :-)  I love conflicting information.  made the day just a bit more confusing  :-)

DLorenzosEcho

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 06:44:36 pm »
Renegade600 - Ha!  No worries. I guess means we both gave it some thought?  =)   I always try and do my own research to see what I can find first, then throw it out here to see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue?