Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

One household, two child accounts, two spotify accounts, on two echo dots

binarydad

I have a family/household setup with Amazon and have my two sons registered as kids. I got them each an Echo Dot to keep in their room. They currently have their own individual Spotify accounts. The problem is having each Echo use a different Spotify account.

When I open the Alexa app to manage the devices, it's currently using my account and I can only assign one Spotify account. My current work-around is giving each child their own Amazon account, completely outside of the household that is tied to my account.

Is there any better setup for this? Is there a way to assign an echo to a specific user, or more importantly, link each to their own spotify account? Thanks.

buffaloquinn

Re: One household, two child accounts, two spotify accounts, on two echo dots
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 06:11:30 pm »
Amazon is still playing catch up with the realities of the modern household in relation to Alexa & Amazon Accounts. Setting up separate Amazon accounts for the kids looks like the best solution at the moment if they need to keep their Spotify accounts separate. It would be nice if in the future they allowed each person in the household account to personalize their own Echo device(s).

FarmerBob

Re: One household, two child accounts, two spotify accounts, on two echo dots
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 12:06:43 am »
Amazon is still playing catch up with the realities of the modern household in relation to Alexa & Amazon Accounts. Setting up separate Amazon accounts for the kids looks like the best solution at the moment if they need to keep their Spotify accounts separate. It would be nice if in the future they allowed each person in the household account to personalize their own Echo device(s).

"YES!!" I'm trying to do about the same but to isolate Grandma's two Dot v3s & Echo Connect from my 3 Echoes and all my Music Accounts and I don't want her phone ringing through my Echoes. I'd like two "individual systems" that can intercom to each other. But with a Household account with two people depending on where you look all the devices are registered to that person. So much for separate accounts.