Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot 3rd Gen Volume

Echo Dot 3rd Gen Volume
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:58:19 pm »
I upgraded my bedroom Dot from a 1st Gen Echo Dot to a new 3rd Gen one.  While the sound is greatly improved for music, the lowest volume is still too loud for music listening when I am trying to go to sleep.  Is there a way to create or modify the lowest volume setting (1) so that it is a bit quieter?

Thanks...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 01:36:57 pm by saturnkk »

Re: Echo Dot 3rd Gen Volume
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 03:44:12 pm »
don't think you can go below the minimum volume setting.  you can try the equalizer in the app and see if you can do some adjusting there.  otherwise you may need to play through a third party speaker to control the volume better. 

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 04:26:46 pm »
don't think you can go below the minimum volume setting.  you can try the equalizer in the app and see if you can do some adjusting there.  otherwise you may need to play through a third party speaker to control the volume better. 

Does the equalizer control individual echo devices (I have 6 in my house)?  If so, where is it located in the app?   Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 04:56:58 pm »

Does the equalizer control individual echo devices (I have 6 in my house)?  If so, where is it located in the app?   Thanks!

each has their own equalizer.   under the specific device in the app settings.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:58:33 pm by renegade600 »

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 05:27:53 pm »

each has their own equalizer.   under the specific device in the app settings.

I must be daft... i can't find it anywhere.

buffaloquinn

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 05:39:57 pm »
From the Main screen of the app:
Touch 3 bars top left of screen
Touch settings
Touch Device Settings
Touch the Alexa device you want to change
Touch Audio Controls
Voila Equalizer

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 05:53:12 pm »
From the Main screen of the app:
Touch 3 bars top left of screen
Touch settings
Touch Device Settings
Touch the Alexa device you want to change
Touch Audio Controls
Voila Equalizer

Thanks.  I was using the App on my PC and apparently that is very different from my iPhone app.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 06:30:06 pm »
there are major differences between the pc app and the phone app.  that is why I said "app settings" in my previous post. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:42:38 pm by renegade600 »

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 06:59:47 pm »
there are major differences between the pc app and the phone app.  that is why I said "app settings" in my previous post. 

I appreciate your help.  I didnt realize they were different until today.