Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Water resistant echo devices

tiggyboo

Water resistant echo devices
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:06:12 am »
Are there any water resistant echo devices out there that anyone could recommend?  Note, I'm not talking about water resistant speakers that are Alexa compatible - rather, water resistant devices with Alexa built in.  I found relatively little with Amazon and Google searches.  Thanks in advance!

mike27oct

Re: Water resistant echo devices
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:12:34 pm »
Yea, wrap an Echo in plastic wrap or put it in a plastic bag!

tiggyboo

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:33:31 pm »
Wow, if that's the case, that seems like a marketing hole big enough to drive a truck through!

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 01:51:36 am »
Nope, it's just common sense.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 04:00:12 am »
I carry a freezer bag with me whenever it rains.  I do not have a phone case and the bag is perfect and cheap  :-)   the same goes with the dot.  there are waterproof devices out there but sometimes a plastic bag is simple and cheap when needed.  or you can go to amazon and get one of the several waterproof devices out there that includes alexa. 

tiggyboo

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:22:36 am »
Nope, it's just common sense.
Well, given the proliferation of water resistant audio products, the fact that there is a substantial market for people who like to listen in the bathroom seems like a no brainer.  So it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me that Amazon/someone would come up with something similar for the Echo line, unless there is some engineering impediment that I'm not aware of (that somehow doesn't apply to the gazillion water resistant audio products already out there.)

tiggyboo

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:29:44 am »
I carry a freezer bag with me whenever it rains.  I do not have a phone case and the bag is perfect and cheap  :-)   the same goes with the dot.  there are waterproof devices out there but sometimes a plastic bag is simple and cheap when needed.  or you can go to amazon and get one of the several waterproof devices out there that includes alexa.
Well, that's the essence of my question - the waterproof devices out there that include alexa.  I came up mostly empty initially when I searched, but I'll take a closer look given your assurance that they're out there.  The freezer bag isn't all that appealing to me for what I hope will be a permanent appliance in the bathroom.

Here's what I've found on Amazon thus far, but it's currently unavailable: https://www.amazon.com/iLuv-Resistant-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B074CCZMHG#customerReviews
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:14:50 am by tiggyboo »

mike27oct