Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot 3rd Gen hookup to a Receiver

stevejsh

Echo Dot 3rd Gen hookup to a Receiver
« on: December 20, 2018, 12:11:48 am »
I need help in how to hook up my Echo Dot 3rd Gen to my Receiver. I want to be able to play music throughout our home on the speakers installed in each room. Each room has two speakers and is connected to a Speaker Volume Control. This leads back to a Speaker Control Device that then currently has a single wire running to the Receiver. We listen to the speakers before Echo Dot using the Zone 2 setting on our Receiver.

buffaloquinn

Re: Echo Dot 3rd Gen hookup to a Receiver
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:02:29 pm »
Your options for the Dot are going to be the audio out or Bluetooth. The audio out will give you the best sound with less possible interference but will restrict where you place the Dot.

J2W2

Re: Echo Dot 3rd Gen hookup to a Receiver
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 08:09:28 am »
We have Dots hooked up to our whole-house receivers (one upstairs / one downstairs) using the audio out jack to RCA with these cables.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019D048XC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the receivers is older and doesn't support Bluetooth, but I'd go with hardwired anyway for the best sound and least hassle (no dropped Bluetooth, interference, etc.)

We've been running this for over a year with no issues.